Creatives and the Law

Wednesday, August 19, 2015

My Favorite Photography Blogs

In my opinion, growth never ends. Therefore, I spend a decent amount of time and energy into learning more about photography. Taking photography classes is one way I continue to hone my skills and another involves reading photography blogs. When I invest in reading through tutorials, learning new techniques or viewing beautiful photographs, I am inspired to become a better photographer. So, with the hopes of inspiring you to be a better photographer, below is a list of five of my favorite photography blogs:

1.   Digital Photography School

This website has everything -- tips, tutorials, and camera reviews. I find the articles to be beneficial for both new and experienced photographers. There are articles on almost every photography subject, such as portrait, landscape, and street. There is a whole section geared towards post-production, which can be very helpful if you are new to Lightroom or Photoshop.

2.  Flipboard

Alright, alright. I acknowledge this is not one blog as much as it is a collection of content, however, I still love it. The photography board contains many great articles and images. I enjoy it mainly because of the ability to save posts or articles that I enjoy.  

3.  Light Stalking

While this site also has a little bit of everything (e.g. tips, tutorials and gear suggestions), it primarily strives to just share beautiful images. This site is one of my favorites because of the seamless integration of beautiful images and photography know-how. The authors focus on publicizing the photographic art but then also provides information on the techniques behind the art.

4. Digital Photography Review

Want to know about the latest product announcements? Considering buying that new lens but want to know how it performs? Well then Digital Photography Review is the place to go. It's a one stop shop for news and reviews of the latest photography products! Before you buy your next camera or lens, definitely check out this site.

5. National Geographic

I doubt this one needs much explanation. Like many photographers, the images in National Geographic inspire me to get up and go shoot. After looking through the images, I have a near instant desire to hike a mountain or cross a desert (a desire I can assure you I would not otherwise have). National Geographic's images are pure eye-candy!


So, there you have a list of my five favorite photography blogs. I encourage you to consider formulating a list of your favorite blogs and let inspiration carry you away!

No comments:

Post a Comment